Powered By Blogger

Monday, March 21, 2011

Last Days of Work Experience x

Well that's it, Ty work experience is over :( I think it's worth doing Ty just for work experience, it's such a good thing to do and you really learn a lot about yourself. For the last few days in Focus Ireland I was mainly doing office work such as updating media contacts and writing pieces for the organisation. On the last day, I went to a ceremony called the PETE awards. PETE is a project in Focus Ireland that helps people who were or are homeless get back into education that they may have missed out on. This was a very moving experience, it really showed me how lucky I am that I have a secure home and I will never have to leave my education. Some people, when they see homeless people on the street, they may be scared or want to stay well away from them, but when I was in Focus Ireland and meeting with their customers I learned that they are all just normal people like us who were just unfortunate enough to become homeless. Before I went to the awards on Friday, the people in my office brought out a big cake for me and my supervisor gave me a present and a card, it was so nice of them :D
I really enjoyed this week even though ~I wasn't expecting much out of it, i've learnt to have a better attitude towards anything I do in the future :)


Ciara Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment